Fruit Production/Post Harvest Scholarship Form
For Fruit Production or Post Harvest trainees domiciled in Hawke’s Bay and working towards Level 4 National Certificate of Horticulture (Apprenticeship). Individuals must be employed and undertaking education or training in horticulture subjects relevant to pipfruit, summerfruit or kiwifruit.
Hawke’s Bay Fruitgrowers’ Association Charitable Trust Level 3-4 Fruit Production/Post Harvest Application
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage individuals domiciled in Hawke’s Bay to undertake further education or training in Horticulture subjects relevant to pipfruit, summerfruit or kiwifruit. Studies can be through a University, Polytech or with other NZQA accredited providers. It is hoped that scholarship recipients continue to work in the fruit industry in Hawke’s Bay and pass on the benefits of their learning to the Hawke’s Bay community.
- The number of scholarships awarded will be at the discretion of the HBFA Executive
- Term of scholarships is one year and may be granted after the end of the current study
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview
- Decisions made by the committee are final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Scholarship certificates will be presented at the Industry Awards Night, held late January and successful applicants must attend as a part of their eligibility for the scholarship. Successful applicants will be notified of the event details when the scholarship is confirmed
- Should your application be successful, scholarship funds will be direct credited to your bank account after you have attended the Industry Awards Night
- The closing date for applications is 5pm, 1st November