After the unprecedented start to 2020, we believe that now, more than ever, emerging leaders will need support to develop their leadership skills and confidence. Therefore, we plan to run the 2020 programme while keeping flexible as to how we deliver. We may be on-line or face-face , or a mix, depending on where New Zealand is at the end of August through to November (when we run the course). The application deadline has also been extended to 20 June.
The programme will focus on the fundamental aspects of leadership and will naturally take into account the “Covid” crisis context we have found ourselves during the first part of this year. The aim is to help prepare you or your employee address the challenges ahead and successfully capture the opportunities that are arising.
This programme will:
- Increase your confidence to take the lead and influence into the future
- Help you understand better what leadership is all about.
- Develop “ready to use” skills, such as communication, teamwork ,critical thinking & problem solving
- Offer an awareness of strategy and how to use it
- Provide a wider perspective, understanding and how to address industry issues – now and into the future
- Improve self-knowledge and personal planning
- Create opportunities to network and develop relationships with other like-minded emerging and influential current leaders.
The programme is in three phases:
- Cohort 1 Wed 19 August to Sun 23 August 2020 or Cohort 2 Wed 2 September to Sun 6 September 2020 ( residential at Lincoln if face-to-face)
- Project; September to October 2020 (non-residential)
- Tues 3 November to Thurs 5 November 2020. Two cohorts combine (residential in Wellington if face-face ).
For more information visit HortNZ website