- This event has passed.
HBFA Industry Awards Night
June 9 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The Hawke’s Bay Fruitgrowers’ Association Industry Awards Night recognises the achievements of our EIT and Primary ITO graduates, scholarships recipients and contributions to the horticulture sector with the presentation of the Fourneau Award and the Emerging Achiever Award.
This award recognises innovation in the fruit growing sector, which contributes to improved efficiency, sustainability or safety in the fruit growing community. The trophy itself represents the linkage between “man, fruit and innovation” and was created in memory of Kevin Fourneau and donated to the Association by the Fourneau Family.
This trophy is only awarded when applications meet the criteria:
- An idea (the innovation/product can already be commercially developed)
- Innovation (does not have to relate to machinery)
- For modifications that improve efficiencies or reduces cost
Emerging Achiever Award
This new award recognises an up-and-coming individual who has positively influenced others in their workplace and has demonstrated qualities and outcomes that has positively impacted the business.
The recipient of this award will have worked in the kiwifruit, pipfruit or summerfruit sector for less than 10 years, whilst living and working in Hawke’s Bay.The candidate must be nominated by a HBFA member (company, grower or business) and demonstrates a keen ability to positively impact horticulture:
- Influencing others in a positive way, or has effective leadership skills
- Strengthening relationships to facilitate successful outcomes with internal/external partners
- Conscious efforts on improving orchard productivity and/or profitability.
Every year, the Hawke’s Bay Fruitgrowers’ Association Charitable Trust provides considerable funding to support Hawke’s Bay students studying horticulture. This year we are grateful for support from the Horticentre Trust to support funding towards 31 scholarship recipients. For more information visit here here.
INDUSTRY AWARDS NIGHT SPONSORS